February 6, 2008

the mouse in my house

so...i've decided to be the bigger person (well, the only person) and stop letting that GIANT EVIL mouse rule my house. sunday night my cats were acting so weird (weirder than the white one thinking that she is half human-half dog) and when i finally dealt with them by taking my boot away from the cat.....out jumps a GIANT EVIL mouse!!!
okay, so it wasnt rat sized, but it sure wasnt a tiny field mouse! So, needless to say, i slammed the door shut to our room and jumped on the armchair in our room in about 2 seconds flat. There i called bryan and irrationally demanded that he do something about this! Ha. I called the neighbors for a mouse trap. while on the phone, the GIANT EVIL mouse ran past again. clearly taunting me. my neigbor came up, set up the trap, searched for the mouse and left. I continued to call poor Bryan, while jumping from the chair, to the bed, to the trunk on the other side of the room! finally i took my pillow and blankets to the love seat. obviously i slept badly.
monday i compulsiveley checked the mousetraps all day. the mouse ate half the cheese...but left the trap. surprise. i bought two more traps, managed to set them with peanut butter. i only set of the trap once.=D monday night i again slept on the loveseat. I slept more poorly than the night before, and i didnt realize that was possible.
tuesday the traps stayed empty all day, and last night i decided that enough was enough. I moved back into my room. The GIANT EVIL mouse either left, or is just waiting for the right timing to royally freak me out again. my guess is the latter, not the former!
if someone had asked me last week if i was afraid of mice, i would definately have said no, but this one dared to invade my room. ......and it was GIANT and EVIL.

2 comments:

carla said...

You are a great writer. I check your blog all the time too...so no worries. I have a c-section scheduled for Feb. 28 so baby will come no later than then and I'm hoping for a little earlier! I'm really sore chasing after a 2 year old and it really freaks me out that people are planning their life around the 28th. I just need a little space. =) Oh, and I agree, Bryan deserves the phone calls...irrational or not!! lol.

mrhuston said...

Atleast you knew how funny it was to expect me to be able to do anything about it. Enjoy the irratational phone calls while you can because i won't have one over ther just e-mails and I know how much of thoughs I get from you so I have no worries. lol